Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"My Heart Belongs to My Mommy"


It turns out our doctor wanted to do one more ultrasound on little Baby E before his big arrival. There wasn't really a big scare but just a few things she wanted to check out. And, as predicted, everything seems to be perfectly normal. Surprisingly he seems to be measuring at 7.6 lbs although she said that could be off.


Heath and I both know that while we can feel as prepared as possible neither one of us truly have any idea what it's like to be a parent until the little guy gets here. But I think we both felt a little taste of that with the anxiety of thinking something might not be just quite 100% perfect with our baby prior to his birth. Being completely responsible for this little guy is quite an awesome task.

The other thing I think I learned from this ultrasound is how hard ultrasounds are to read! I chalked our initial ultrasounds at 7, 10, and 22 weeks up to the fact that the baby was so tiny. Now, I'm not quite sure what the excuse is. Our ultrasound tech kept trying to figure out which nose our baby had - I was just trying to figure out where his nose was!!! In case you need some help the picture above is of his tiny little heart!








The picture above is of his little hearbeat (just in case you needed a little help like me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment