Tuesday, February 18, 2014

President's Day

Every day Asher keeps me laughing with all the funny, insightful things he says. I always think in my head at the time I need to write them all down so I don't forget but then I get busy with the day-to-day routine of a working full-time and being a full-time mom and it rarely happens!

Yesterday we got to enjoy an awesome day hanging out together because of President's Day. Asher first got up in to bed and asked the important question of whether or not he would be going to school (He knew something was different since I was still at home and usually don't get to see him in the mornings). I said "no" because it was a President's Day. He then asked if Santa would be coming. When I said "no" he wanted to know if there would be presents - makes sense, right? Presents for President's Day. Unfortunately, no buddy, but lots of one-on-one time with Mommy would have to do. 

We enjoyed a low-key morning watching cartoons and hanging out in our jammies until Asher decided it was time to paint. He loves his easel from Christmas and even wanted to make sure he had his "snot" on to make sure he didn't get paint on his outfit. After painting we made it to Chuck E. Cheese - Asher made sure to point out it's Chuck E. Cheese's - good point buddy there is an "s" there on the end. He LOVED all the race car games. The only drawback was having to use the potty which he made sure to tell me, "Mommy, this is not what I wanted to do today!" No, kiddo, not my favorite thing. 

While some days Asher's willfulness can be a bit of challenge I wouldn't change it for anything. I love how he is constantly asking questions and piecing things together in his little head to make it all make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment